Old November 14th, 2006, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Chris Loveys

Default 600+ fly fishing venues in the UK

Over the years I have got increasingly frustrated at not being able to
find info on places to flyfish so for my sins I am now building a
datababase of all the fly fishing venues in the UK. Currently I have
basic location details on over 650 lakes, rivers and streams and I am
adding more every day. I am also adding more detailed information to
each venue to enable intelligent searching (eg where can I sneak off to
on my way back up the M5 from that meeting in Exeter? Or where can I
actually find some grayling?).

There are other such 'places to fish' sites I know and some of the
Scottish ones are really very good, but none covering England & Wales
is aimed specifically at flyfishing, none is anywhere near complete
(particularly regarding rivers) and none provides intelligent
searching.

You can see how I am getting on at www.FlyFishingVenues.co.uk So far I
have got up to the letter G in terms of adding the detail but I expect
to finish within a few weeks.

I would really welcome any suggestions for venues to include
(especially rivers), any corrections to the information I have and any
feedback regarding the features of the site, ease of use etc...

Thanks in advance
Chris Loveys