Old April 2nd, 2005, 11:22 PM

Thank you to everyone that has provided comments thus far. Just to
clarify, the intent of my questions is to determine what the customer
values when they decide to purchase a small outboard engine. I realize
that battery technology has a way to go and may not be significantly
improved for a number of years. But there are some advances in electric
motors that can more efficiently utilize the battery power and
therefore provide either more power (up to 10HP or possible greater) or
greater lifespan utilizing the existing battery technology. I also
realize there are a number of smaller companies that do offer electric
outboard motors as a primary drive, however I am looking to see if the
market can be big enough for a major marine producer to step in and
provide a product on a larger scale. Any help that you can provide will
help me in providing good recommendations. As a follow-up to my first
question I would like to know what attributes you primarily look for in
a small outboard (either gas or electric). Additionally, how much more
money would you be willing to pay over the cost of a small gas engine
of similar HP for those additional benefits (quietness, low vibration,
no emissions, etc.)?