Old April 1st, 2008, 11:48 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Hans van der Stroom

Default Help needed from German lurkers!!!

Hi all!

For the last time (got no answers on earlier asked questions and the
publisher doesn't answer his mail at all) an attempt to get help for an
article I'm writing:

In the "legendary" German magazine Der Fliegenfischer about 25 years ago an
article was published about a fly called Traun Spezial. Ever since it is a
favourite of mine. For a friend's website I'm trying to write an historical
article about the pattern. Therefor I would very much lay my hands on a copy
of the article. All other attempts failed thusfar, but I really can't
imagine that there is no one (specially older German readers) who still has
the magazine (it was published ervery two months or so) somewhere in his
possession. I can remember that it was a small article, about one page or
so, including a picture.

Anyone out there who can help???

The (dry-fly) pattern was:

Tag: green lurex
Body: peacock herls
Wing: deer-hair
Hackle: grizzly

Ofcourse I'll be rewarding the helpfull collegue with a set of flies!

Thanks in advance!!!

Hans van der Stroom