Old February 16th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Roger Ohlund

Default Rod length in small creek fishing

"Jarmo Hurri" wrote in message

Hi Roger,

Roger Now then, a small stream for me is one no wider than 5 meters
Roger so my perception of a small stream might differ from yours.

In my book a creek with a width of 5 meters is already quite a river.

If that is true, then you're in for a surprise when attending the clave ;-)
(Even the micro clave in June might broaden your horizon)

Roger I'd say (personal point of view) that the length which gives
Roger you control in a big stream will get you into a whole lot of
Roger trouble in a smaller stream, whether you are casting your line
Roger or fighting a fish.

Another reason to buy a new rod.

You might fool yourself, but the rest of us knows that you don't really need
a reason and that justifing a new rod can always be done ;-)

Do you often bump into situations where your 7' rod is too long?

It has happened but in situations like that the creek is really small, less
than 2 meters wide. And in my book that is just a trickle =)

Roger Off for a couple of days to do some more hunting, this time
Roger ptarmigan.

What's the equivalent of "tight lines" in hunting? Bloody bullets?

Straight aiming?

/Roger