Old January 26th, 2005, 01:59 AM
Mu Young Lee

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Padishar Creel wrote:
-------
Now that is funny! My favorite, for some reason, is the Abel Plier/Knife
Combo for $300. I am an admitted and not in recovery gadget man, but boy
howdy, I can't image ever being rich enough to drop $300 on a set of pliers
and knife (unless it came with a 4 stroke motor)

I unfortunately in a fit of lunacy did purchase the Abel "sal****er"
pliers as I was tired of having ordinary pliers become completely useless
after a few trips in the surf. Well guess what, my first trip to the surf
with the Abel, by the time I got home the jaws were already rusty. It was
about 3 years ago. I called Abel and got a reply along the lines of well
why'd you take it to the surf anyway?. That was the first and last Abel
product I ever bought.

Mu
.... now how about them titanium pliers from Donnmar or Van Staal? .. only
twice as expensive as the Abel ...