Old December 31st, 2003, 09:06 PM
Derek.Moody

Default Winter Pike Questions

In article , Harry
URL:mailto
I assume lake Pike tend to be in deep water in the winter because that is
where the food is? What's the best way of locating them, except for
spinning?

No they will be close to their prey shoals - in slack water and cover,
probably on the bottom but not necessariy deep.

Does plumbing/feature finding scare them off. The reason I say this, is

It can do; otoh sometimes they'll just sit there while you bombard them.

Alternatively, instead of going to them, can you get them to come to you?

Te single best attractor for pike is a keepnet full of lively roach. Put a
bait out next to your net when fishing for small silver fishes and you've a
good chance of a take.

Cheerio,