Old September 4th, 2006, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Derek Moody

Default Bass Fishing From The Shore, Bait Dead or Alive

In article , Derek
wrote:

"lamondi" wrote in message

went out Fishing from Colwyn Bay & i bought a pack of those plastic /
rubber crabs that are meant to give off 400 percent more smell & in 3
hours all i caught was.... you guessed it a bigger CRAB with massive

IF they give off 400% more smell then they will only do so for a little
while. (Does your chewing gum lose its flavour on the bedpost overnight?)

Fresh peelers are good for about half an hour so for 400% more smell use 4
on the hook ;-)

Did the packet say whether the plastic crab would be good for four times as
long (2 hours) - or will it be four times as good for half an hour?

My guess is they're only good for the two minutes it takes to flog them to
an unsuspecting bait buyer.

You are doing better than we did with rubber crabs nothing seemed to fancy
them at all.
squid mackie cocktail was a better bet

It takes a lot to beat very fresh mackerel - very fresh peelers are one of
the few baits that can.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/