Old December 29th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Mark Fry

Default Carp Ground Baits

"Brownz" wrote in message
"Hoot!!!" (nospam) wrote in message
Try A dog food called ventalin
cheaper than shop ground bait

is that especially for asthmatic dogs ?

;-)

Cheerz - Brownz
http://fishing.brownz.org/

I think he meant vitalin. Good for the method and not a bad groundbait in
summer. It all depends on how hungry the fish are, where you're fishing. But
sweetcorn seems to be one of the best baits for Winter, a couple of pieces
hair-rigged and about a dozen free offerings, either pva bagged or pva hair
onto the hook for presentation. That might just do the trick.

Getting back to the vitalin, when my dogs were pups, there was a bitch's
milk substitute, I think it was called Lactolin, which was high in protein,
goodness and aminos for growing dogs. They used to love it. My point is, if
used in either a boilie mix or with vitalin, I wonder if the fish would like
it as much as the dogs did?

Good Luck. Mark