Old October 14th, 2003, 04:46 AM
Chuck Coger

Default Trolling motor power

My 98 Stratos is "wired" for 12 and 24 volts but the OMC trolling motor was
straight 24v only. I was using a buddies Motor Guide that went between 12
and 24 volts. I found the batteries lasted a lot longer when I was using 12v
to just ease down the bank. I personally will try to get a 12/24 switched
Trolling Motor when I do upgrade.

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com

"RGarri7470" wrote in message

Ok, why do boats still come wired up to select 12 or 24 V for trolling
motors?

Neither of my two - a 97 Stratos and a 94 Javelin have those swtiches. My

89
Stratos didn't, either. I did have a OMC trolling motor on my 89 that had

switch on it to choose, but the newer ones I bought did not.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com