Old May 7th, 2008, 04:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Default Need a fishing buddy (or three) in Mass

Frank Reid wrote:
Look like I'll be attending a symposium in Marlborough, MA, 17-19
June. I won't have a car available and the Pirate will be in Maine
catching those poor 5 lb trout he calls brookies (when we all know
brookies don't get any bigger than 10 inches). Anyone want to do some
fishing before or after? Just a tentative request as my schedule of
meetings on the days surrounding this isn't fully nailed down yet.
Frank Reid

Since Louie and George already bailed on you, you're down to slim pickins,
my friend. As far as I know, I'll be around and should be 100% mended by
then. Even if not 100%, I could still amuse myself at riverside. I've got a
different car now, so maybe I can make it all the way to your hotel this
time. I would REALLY like to get out on a river or two, so keep me posted on
your plans. The local rivers should be down quite a bit by then, with a bit
of luck.

Ol' Stan is, well, ol' and won't fish the rivers with us guys any longer. He
said something about being too good for that sort of thing, but he mumbles .
.. . although I know he's always up to the invariable post-fishing pub
meeting. Gary McMeekin keeps in touch with me from time to time and might be
available, and 'tripper can speak for himself (but can be talked into doing
almost anything.) )
--
TL,
Tim