Old June 2nd, 2007, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Ian Hooksem

Default pike rods for beach fishing?

don't forget to rinse the rod and reel in fresh water afterwards - salt
water can rot rods very quickly if not used regularly.

--
Regards, Ian

"lee" wrote in message
Hi all, just wondering if I could use my pike rods for beach fishing? They
are a two piece 13ft 3lb test curve rod, with six large bore Fuji rings. I
have used half mackerel baits and punched them out a good distance when
pike fishing, but I have never been sea fishing before and I am not sure
if these would be up to the job. Do I need to buy a more suitable rod?
I'll be fishing around the Norfolk coast if that is of any help. The rods
should handle line to around 18lb+ if I remember the test curve
formula.(which I don't!!) not sure about casting weight, i.e. max.lead
weight, but if they handle casting a half mackerel at a good
distance.......Any advice would be very much appreciated. Cheers, Lee