Old June 5th, 2007, 03:50 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
[email protected]

Default pike rods for beach fishing?

On Tue, 29 May 2007 09:17:43 +0100, Derek Moody
wrote:

In article , lee
wrote:
Hi all, just wondering if I could use my pike rods for beach fishing? They

Yes.

I'll be fishing around the Norfolk coast if that is of any help.

Not a coastline I fish - someone here will know it.

Your rods are a bit overgunned for general floatfishing but would be fine
for heavy spinning, classic bass fishing (not a Norfolk speciality) and
would be about right for most short to mid range summer fishing. Just don't
try using them like a tournament beachcaster. The big advantage is they're
probably light enough for rod-in-hand fishing which is much more productive
than propped up beachcasters for most of the year.

My 'standard' sea fishing rod is a 1 3/4 lb tc carp rod.

How much weight and bait are you throwing with that rod?

Cheerio,