Old June 6th, 2007, 07:44 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Derek Moody

Default first trip out!

In article , lee
wrote:
Hi all, had a small (plate size) flattie, caught on worm for my first sea
trip. only had a few hours, pressure from the wife and kids.
I think I may buy some grip leads as the current/tide was moving the bait
around and bringing it in quite a bit, only had bomb type leads so I think
that was the problem plus I need to get the tides right! But what fun! tried
floating later on but the sea mist/fog soon put a stop to that! couldn't
even see the sea let alone the float!. Managed a fair distance with 3oz
lead, without over stressing the rod which pleased me. Next time out I will
wade out to get the extra distance with a heavier lead. regards, Lee.

Don't be in too much hurry to nail the lead to the ground. It's fine for
scent feeders but for active fish like most of the fish inshore in daylight
at this time of year allowing the tackle to work around in the tide and
pause in 'sticky' places and cover the area is a good idea.

But hey, one, and counting.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/