Old November 30th, 2006, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Cliff

Default Rod Problem Advice needed

Thats because they are a taper fit,if they came together it would be time to
replace them,dont worry,just get out & use them.
"Fantom" wrote in message
news
I have a cpl of expensive rods that i brought from ebay. They are both
brand new 2 piece 13ft beachcasters. I cant seem to get the rods to sit
right when i connect them, i end up with a clear 1 inch gap and am unable
to push the rod down any further for fear of it getting stuck. They are
clearly supposed to connect fully, i have a cheaper rod which sits
perfectly.

Are they faulty?

TIA