Old June 15th, 2011, 12:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default Knot question....

On Jun 14, 10:12*am, "Wayne Harrison" wrote:
"riverman" wrote

alternate knot for the line-leader connection, or some hints from
folks to make the loops in the leader not cut the sheathing on the
line?

line to leader: *three turn clinch; into that "noose" tie a four turn
improved clinch in the leader. *work very carefully to tighten both ends as
evenly as you can.

no charge, as usual, from
yfitons
wayno

Classic Wayno, bless his heart.

But don't do it, Myron. It's ****ed up. Albright knot.

When I arrived in the Seychelles the guides looked at the nail knot on
my Giant Trevally reel and declared it woefully inadequate. Indeed,
pathetically inadequate. One guide made a knot that exceeds my ability
to describe. It served me well.