Old June 15th, 2011, 12:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bob[_2_]

Default Knot question....

On Jun 14, 4:29*pm, Bob wrote:
On Jun 13, 10:13*pm, riverman wrote:

Apologies for posting this on this particular day, but this is time-
ended...

I'm tuning up my 8-wt for a trip, and tying on new 15-lb leader. But
as carefully as I am with tying my nail knot, the sheath of the fly
line keeps tearing loose and stripping the leader off. This knot has
to be solid enough to hold a very large fish: is there an good
alternate knot for the line-leader connection, or some hints from
folks to make the loops in the leader not cut the sheathing on the
line? You salmon fishermen probably know some tricks....?

Thanks

--riverman

Also for an 8wt line,a short section o 20-25' as others have described
- the same stiffness as the line - will give more satisfactory results
than a thinner leader.

Bob Weinberger * *DuPont,WA

20-25# test vice 20-25'.