Old September 22nd, 2003, 11:49 PM
Svend Tang-Petersen

Default Crab fly help

That's the regular Permit crab pattern. The body is made of yarn which you
figure-8 to the shank and then
comb out before cutting into shape. Ive done these using Aunt Lydias rug yarn.
So go to your local craft store and pick up a skein in your favorite color and
you'll have enough for the rest of a lifetime unless you
are a pro-tier or just spend all your time hunting permit.

Craig Moore wrote:

Greetings from London, England.
Guys I need help in locating the materials for making sal****er crab
patterns for permit flies

I need to make the bodies for the Del Merkins crab Bauer's Fur Crab and
McCrab. These bodies look like they are two oval shaped pieces of material
glued together over the hook . What is this material and what website can I
get it from? I need it in tan and olive.

Also do you know where do I get the colored rubber to make the legs?

Any help would be fantastic. Could you e-mail me any info at

Have a great day, go fly fishing?
Tight Lines,

Craig Moore

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ (((((º

--

Svend

Svend Tang-Petersen, MSc Email:

SGI Pager:

1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy Phone: (+1) 650 933 3618
Mountain View
California 94043
USA