Old July 24th, 2007, 09:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
Mike Gaskins[_2_]

Default Nothing stings like a hook in the hand.

On Jun 15, 9:48 pm, "Tony" wrote:
I think we have all had that experience, and salt water or (fresh) dosent make it any better.

The scary thing is it's always with rusted hooks...lol

I wonder how many of you guys carry band aids when you go casual fishing?

Don't carry bandaids (yet), but so far I've been lucky myself. Got
stuck by plenty of them, but never hard enough for the barb to go in.
A cousin of mine though, took a bad one. We were checking a trot
line. Pulled up and turned off the motor. He pulled up the line and
had it in his hand. Nothing was on it. Boat started drifting a bit
and for some reason he didn't drop the line. After it tightened up we
couldn't get the line cut nor the boat cranked to go against the tide
in time. 3/0 Hook went it at the base of his finger and ripped down
the side all the way to the tip. I didn't experience it, but man it
hurt just looking at it. He's got one hell of a scar there.

Mike