Old April 6th, 2011, 10:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Default Orvis Helios Rod

On 4/5/2011 8:17 PM, D. LaCourse wrote:

a 10's what a lot of folks suggest around here for the bigger false
albacore. an 8 or 9, strong construction, would probably do. i tried
to get someone (an experienced fly fisherman) to fish their 8 wt, but
they were afraid it would snap. the albies have a very strong initial
run...and usually make a good second one. then they are swimming trawl
doors to lift to the boat.

jeff

Thanks, Jeff. A 9ft 9 weight it is. I will get it from an Orvis dealer
*after* I return. d;o)

Lab has BIG brookies. The last time I fished it I took 7 or 8 fish each
day that were five pounds, all on dry flies. I am betting that Harrys
Perfect Killer Caddis will be exactly that. And, of course there are
landlocks, lake trout (big streamers) and pike, as well as those pesky
white fish.

Dave

sounds like a great trip...have fun, take pictures, and keep the new
joints well lubed. g