Old May 1st, 2009, 10:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Fishingaces

Default Community Outdoors Gallery and Waypoint sharing

On May 1, 3:27*pm, alaskaguy wrote:
On Apr 29, 5:00*pm, linuxjet wrote:

* * I've been working on a website that allows members to store and
track waypoint information. * Public or private each member of the
site can create waypoints using a google based map. *Each point on the
map allows hunters and fisherman the ability to track details about
specific trips or locations. *The details related to the points are
treated as an incident or occurrence at that waypoint and each
waypoint can have an unlimited amount of occurrences. *This ability
gives you the ability to track details of these points over time.
* * *Possible uses of the waypoints can be tracking fishing holes
thoughout the course of a year or more, to just marking the location
of your hosted tournaments to give visitors a visual look at the
location. *All of these points can be kept private or shared with
other site members or groups. * There is also a gallery which allows
members to track and link photos to the waypoints if they choose.

If you would like to check it out go to:http://www.fishingaces.comhttp://www.huntingaces.com

Be sure to create and account. *Members get to have all the fun...

james

Am I correct that all this can be done without making the maps and/or
photos public? *Interested...but would like to be 110% on privacy
aspect.

_____________________________________
Family-Outdoorswww.family-outdoors.com

Yes. Everything can be kept private. As soon as I can get some real
interest I will work on getting a certificate for encrypted
transmission of data for an extra bit of protection for the member
data.

This is not a externally hosted site to prevent unauthorized people
access to the raw data. All data is on redundant drives and backed up
daily in the case of accidental deletion or errors. I hope to expand
bandwidth in the future but this would come with a cost to members
with the possibility of a member fee. I have not decided on this so I
will post it on the forum when the time come to get member suggestions
and input.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask or post them on the
forum.
http://www.fishingaces.com/forum

james