Old August 20th, 2005, 01:24 AM
Stan Gula

Default Howdy all!

I hope you've all had a great summer. Mine has been less than great, less
than bad, actually. Let's just say that the march up to Death's Door last
winter was just the teaser, and this time I lit a bag of dog poo on his
porch.

Didn't fish too much this year - but I did finally get to the rumored 'pond
with the big bluegills' and caught a few hogettes back in June that put some
stress on my favorite 4 wt.. I've got a hunch that the next Massachusetts
record is in one of the 4 ponds in the general vicinity and hope to work
them all seriously next year when I get back on my feet (or rather back in
my canoe).

Haven't been fishing for trouties since Penns Creek and I am *really glad* I
went this year for so many reasons. I'm already making plans for next year.
If I'm financially solvent (iffy, but hopeful) I'll be there for 2 weeks.
Life is too short to sit in a ficking office all the time.

*OT stuff*

Spent some time looking at Internet comic strips recently and highly
recommend this one. This strip is especially for Jeffie and wayno - no
offence intended of course. Use the back and forward buttons at the bottom
of the page to see other strips. The guy is very clever.
http://www.qwantz.com/index.pl?comic=596

Also found this one which has some amazing comic art (IMHO) and interesting
story ideas.
http://www.boltcity.com/copper_001_r...ackfantasy.htm (this is the first
of the series - use the next button at the bottom to go through them in
sequence).

I'm amazed that people give this stuff away.

Tight lines everybody.
--
Stan Gula
http://gula.org/roffswaps