Old August 21st, 2005, 06:45 PM
Stan Gula

Jeff Miller wrote:
from our discussion at penns, i thought the med folks finally figured
it out, you were cured, and doing better. trust the new stuff is
quickly and fully overcome and resolved. in any event, get well and
be well.

This is a totally new and out-of-the-blue disease (although it's another
autoimmune disorder, which frankly is freaking me out - two in 8 months,
hoping it's not a trend). So now have type I diabetes and will be injecting
insulin for the remainder of my days. 'Juvenile' diabetes at 52 - ain't
that a kicker. This is something that's manageable though - millions of
people do it every day.
-
Stan Gula
http://gula.org/roffswaps
(who will never again be able to use the phrase "At least I've got my
health")