Old January 15th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Sandy

Default To buy in sales or not.......

Dave P wrote:
I will be mainly fishing for trout in reservoirs in Scotland from a
boat. I've got some kit but have chosen this to buy.

1 Graphite 9'6 7/8 two piece rod
1 Wide arbour 3/5'' reel with spare spool

I have been told not to buy anything too pricey as I may real the
'tip' learning to cast but also been told not too buy any of these
cheap intro deals as I'll soon want to move onto better kit.

I am tempted to buy in the sales and save some cash off some
reasonable kit(£100 rod down to £50, reel down 50%).

In your experience is this sensible?

Dave

I use a Daiwa 10' #6/8 3pc with a #7 line for all my fishing, Fishtec have
it on sale just now for £39.99, and it does all the jobs I ask it to, bank,
boat and river fishing.

The reel is personal choice, I have a Leeda LC80 but they don't make them
anymore so when it breaks I will have to check about to see which one to
buy, to me it is only for holding line and nothing more.

The line I am using ATM is an Aircell #7 but it isn't as good as the last
one so am thinking of looking for a new make, probably either Leeda Galleon
or a Shakespeare.

I would say decide how much you are willing to pay and buy a middle of the
range rod and line and a "cheapish" reel, looking at the prices I would say
something between £30 and £50.

--
Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy