Old September 27th, 2004, 05:52 PM
go-bassn

Default Dropshotting

Try dragging tubes in that wind Steve, over the rocks (not the silt).

WW

"Steve & Chris Clark" wrote in message
It proved there were no fish at 15 feet! I wonder what the fish ID sees?
When I changed the screen to greyline and fiddled with the setting it

showed
up a thermocline !? Must be getting near turn over, the surface temp was

at
64 degrees. Sorry Warren I didn't get any digitals to post but we did

make
some fantastic observation on the silty bottoms and bass coming down the
bank to check out the bait that was dusting the bottom. No bites, as I
think the set up we had was just too crude. It did, however, enlighten me
somewhat what happens with a C rig and how fish approach the bait. A
strongish wind didn't allow us to stay in one spot. If we get some more
time we will refine the rig and try once again.
--
Steve

"go-bassn" wrote in message
Go get em Steve, I expect pictures.

You need the long leader in the shallows to present the bait off the

bottom.
The angle of presentation is very thin in the shallows because you cast

from
a longer distance.

Warren
--