Old May 6th, 2007, 09:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

Default fishing tent

Opus--Mark H. Bowen wrote:
"jeff" wrote in message

Willi wrote:

jeff wrote:

my new one-person lightweight tent, w/o fly (fly is on the ground), for
limited 3-season overnight hiking/fishing trips. gonna give it a test
this week.

jeff

Cool!

The secret for older guys like us is to keep down the weight. Should be
able to do a two or three dayer around twenty pounds, which is pretty
manageable.

When you come out West we need to backpack into a lake for an overnight.

Willi

fawn lake!! ;-)

i'm working on the light load principle...esp. since my belly has decided
to add to the load.

just got a light sleeping bag suitable for 3 seasons in nc (35F)...2 lbs.
the tent is about the same. thermarest also...so that leaves 13 pounds for
the food, right? g don't have a stove or water purifier yet, and just
a few basic (cheap) utensils. like me, this camp-fish thing is still a
quirk in progress.

when i see you again, i'll want you to show me that water
purifier/lemonade system you had on slough creek...that was tasty and
refreshing.

...the secret for this geezer is to hike and camp with those who know what
they are doing (and, when possible, with those who can and will carry 60
lbs). g

jeff

It was 75lbs and it won't happen again!

Op

uh oh... just don't forget the candy bars!! any idea about weather
forecast yet?

jeff