Old September 18th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Charlie Bress

Default It's GONE :-(

That's unfortunate.
But with the loss of so many lives and the losses to homes and businesses,
the loss of a pier is a ****hole in the snow.
There is a lot more to be done but grieve for the loss of entertainment.

Support the Red Cross, Salvation Army or other appropriate relief
organization.

Charlie
North Port, Florida

"Rodney" . wrote in message
:-( My favorite salt water pier is gone,, Ivan destroyed it last
night,, totally,, 825 feet of 100% concrete fishing pleasure, a place I
have spent thousands of hours on, a place where I would rather fish,
than charter a boat. The pier cost millions, it was 22 feet above the
water, and knowing my state, if they rebuild it , it will take many
years to do it

I ask for a moment of silence at the loss of the ALabama State pier at
Gulf Shores
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread