Old April 18th, 2007, 02:41 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
Nick

Default crayfish for bait ?????????????

Crayfish are excellent for catching the smaller channel and flathead
catfish. We have used them a lot. As a bonus, we sometimmes pull a nice
smallmouth out of the river on them too! We catch them in a local creek
using a long handled fine mesh net like the bait shop uses in theiir big
tank. Sometimes, we also use a seine. The smaller Ohio river cats average
around 5-8 pounds, so an afternoon or evening catching them is great fun!

Fishinprof

"James Freeman" wrote in message
On a 2 inch crayfish, I would start the hook from the bottom of the
tail about 1/4 of a inch in front or the rear fin. True to the top side of
the tail.

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
news
James Freeman wrote:
Rodney:

I always hook them thru the tail from bottom to top side.

Ok explain this a bit more, where in the bottom and out where ?

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,