Old January 2nd, 2011, 07:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe[_4_]

Default fish attractants home brew Vs. Commercial

"Steve W." wrote in message

I'm betting this is a topic that gets tossed around some.
After a few years absent from fishing in general I jumped back in a
couple years ago. Dug out all the old trusty lures and bought some new
toys as well as a replacement rod/reel (or three..)

Was looking at all the myriad of scents, scent masking sprays and such
and was wondering what the current item of the year will be.
One of my old mixes was garlic oil, anise oil, sea salt all mixed up
with fish oil.

Didn't bother with it much last year but am wondering what the current
mix is?

Garlic or Anise are still optimum easy scents to use. I prefer garlic and
its available a number of different ways, or you can make it. One angler I
knew used to mix anise oil with Vasiline. For commercial scent some will
argue, but IMO the two best currently are Pro Cure and Mega Strike.

Some anglers will claim no scent at all is best.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com