Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

Default fish attractants home brew Vs. Commercial

"Ronnie" wrote in message
I used to mix Anise oil and vanilla extract - not sure I caught more
bass but it sure made me hungry!

If I want to use something now I use JJs Magic, a dip and dye that is
strong garlic - comes in clear if you just want scent.

I suspect your confidence in a scent is the most important factor.

I agree with Ronnie's assessment. Confidence is a big factor of fishing,
and if it makes you happy to dip your lures in either a commercial or
homemade scent, dip away.

I figure that it sure won't hurt, and under tough conditions, it might just
help.
--
Steve Huber
Executive Producer/Editor in Chief