Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe[_4_]

Default fish attractants home brew Vs. Commercial

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com" wrote in message

"Ronnie" wrote in message
I used to mix Anise oil and vanilla extract - not sure I caught more
bass but it sure made me hungry!

If I want to use something now I use JJs Magic, a dip and dye that is
strong garlic - comes in clear if you just want scent.

I suspect your confidence in a scent is the most important factor.

I agree with Ronnie's assessment. Confidence is a big factor of fishing,
and if it makes you happy to dip your lures in either a commercial or
homemade scent, dip away.

I figure that it sure won't hurt, and under tough conditions, it might
just help.

I don't know why, but several times I have been fishing behind somebody not
using a scent when I was using Mega Strike. They would get bit, but miss
the fish because they spit it quick. I would throw in and get bit, and the
fish would swim around with it in their mouth giving me all the time in the
world to set the hook. The guy in the front would take a dab of the
MegaStrike, and start experiencing the same thing. I never felt it got me
more hits, but I definitely believe they hang onto it longer.