Old January 10th, 2011, 03:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
ScovilleUnit

Default fish attractants home brew Vs. Commercial

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com" wrote in
:

"Ronnie" wrote in message
..
.
I used to mix Anise oil and vanilla extract - not sure I caught more
bass but it sure made me hungry!

If I want to use something now I use JJs Magic, a dip and dye that is
strong garlic - comes in clear if you just want scent.

I suspect your confidence in a scent is the most important factor.

I agree with Ronnie's assessment. Confidence is a big factor of
fishing, and if it makes you happy to dip your lures in either a
commercial or homemade scent, dip away.

I figure that it sure won't hurt, and under tough conditions, it might
just help.

Espically when you can dip your $Pit in a can of $PAM!!!!

Dip away, dip $#it!!!!!