Old April 24th, 2009, 08:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

Default OT (maybe) Rivers

On 24-Apr-2009, redietz wrote:

On Apr 24, 2:34*pm, "Fred" wrote:
Well if the river was whiskey
I'd be a diving duck
Now Well if the river was whiskey
I'd be a diving duck
I would dive *to the bottom
and I *never would *come up.

McKinley

Mr. Morgenfield hardly originated those words. Charlie Poole recorded
them in 20's, when Muddy was a wee lad. I suspect when Robert Johnson
sang them as part of "If I had possession over Judgement Day" when he
wasn't limited to what fit on a 38. They're part of the original
version of Hesitation Blues (WC Handy).

A noble sentiment, nonetheless.

Sung and rexcorded by many people including Sleepy John Wstes ,
Misssiissippi Fred McDowell ...
The lyrics have been incorporated into quite a few songs and yes you are
definitely correct in that Charlie Poole them recorded well before Muddy
Re WC Handy and "Hestaition Bls" - Again I do believe that you are correct
again.

I first heard them as part of that Muddy Water's "Rolling and Tumblin"

- All these songs have been recorded differenty but I play it in the Key of

Thanks
Yank Rachel