Old November 2nd, 2003, 04:49 PM
riverman

Default knot strength?

"Bill Mason" wrote in message
et...

"rw" wrote in message
m...

Bruiser gave me (and others at a San Juan Clave) a nail-knot tool that
works great and probably costs less than a buck. It's one of those
needle-like nozzles you use to blow up basketballs and such, with the
tip of the tube ground off.

...and a couple of swipes with a razor blade to a 1 ml pipet tip make a

tool
that allows me to tie very quick and easy nail-knots. God, I'm cheap.

I use the little red tube that comes with a can of WD40. I cut off a 1/4"
piece to leave in the nozzle, and the remainder gets cut in half for nail
knot tools.

--riverman
(If we're using tubes instead of nails, we ought to call it a tube knot,
wot?)