Old August 9th, 2006, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Steve Walker

Default Shore Fishing in Gosport - best spots and advice

In message , David G
writes
Hi,

Anyone live in Gosport, Hampshire. Looking for useful info on shore fishing
on good spots and advice on rigs and baits. When is the best time to fish
(tide) and where.

I've found this website useful:

http://www.solent-fishing-guide.co.uk/

I've not fished it so much this year, but I tend to fish the Browndown
Bay/Stokes Bay area. I tend to fish worm baits on a 2 or 3 hook flapper
for small fish or a big peeler crab on a Pennel / pulley rig for the
larger fish (smoothhound, bass, rays). I've caught a lot more fish on
the worm rigs, but should really show more patience with big baits.

--
Steve Walker