Old March 29th, 2007, 05:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default Altering Dry Flies to Wet Flies question

On Mar 29, 5:53 pm, "Tom Nakashima" wrote:
There was a thread awhile back on wet fly fishing. I'm
quite interested in fishing the wet fly.
I was wondering if dry flies could be altered on the spot,
say something like an Adams Dry Fly, altered into a wet fly
by cutting down some of the hackle? Or solutions to make
the dry fly sink without adding shots to the leader or tippet.
thanks,
-tom

You just need to put some soapy water on it, and it will sink
immediately. Soap destroys the surface tension, and the fly sinks.

TL
MC