Old June 29th, 2007, 12:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

Default montana - july 9-17

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 23:10:32 -0600, (Dave S) wrote:

warm water.

And if I cannot wade above my thighs because the water is 53 degrees,
it is cold water. I am sure those species you mentioned are in the BH
lower down the river, even before it gets to where the LBH flows in.
It looks like a warm water stream near Hardin. But below the dam and
the next mile or so, it is 53 degrees and chock full of big wary
trout. I spent a week on the river and hope to return again, but not
in mid-summer when the temp is a warm 104 degrees. d;o)