Old September 23rd, 2007, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Jed[_2_]

Default Sea fishing - disabled

Thanks for replies guys - guess angling shops is my next step -
unfortunately my wheelchair cannot cope with the gravel beaches and I
get stuck within yards of the car parks.
Take care all and thanks again
Jed

wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 09:26:57 +0100, "Bill" wrote:

"Jed" wrote in message
Hi All,
Anyone know any suitable spots for a wheelchair user to try sea fishing in
the Eastbourne area - I'm coming down for a weeks holiday and would like
to get back into fishing.
Thanks in advance
Jed

Unfortunately I do not know Eastbourne. I would assume you are looking for
a hard surface within reach of the sea. Has Eastbourne got a pier where
fishing is allowed or a safe harbour wall. Unless someone here can be more
helpful I would suggest you Google for tackle shops in the area and give one
a ring and ask them for advice....couple it with a heavy suggestion you need
to buy some new tackle and bait for your stay when you arrive!

Good luck
Bill

Eastbourne does have a pier where fishing is allowed on the lower deck
at the end of the pier. I believe it also has a small tackle shop
where you can buy your ticket and bait.

There are I believe about 10 steps to negotiate to get onto the lower
platfrom.

Eastbourne beach it self is a shingle beach without knowing
capabilities it maybe a possibility. Best bet maybe to check out a
charter boat from Marina.

I however have no knowledge of marks in this area. As always local
tackle shops should advise.