Old March 2nd, 2005, 08:25 PM
George Lee

On 22/2/05 3:24 pm, in article , "david"
wrote:

Went to Tesco today to buy a nice fat sea bass for dinner tomorrow. It
grieves me anyway, to be buying what the sea gives me for free.

Anyway, when I got there the only bass they had was a farmed one about the
size of a small trout.

No wonder so many people dont try these things...camn you imagine such a
minnow being sold on one of those superb french fish stalls??

Oh well, got lemon sole instead. And they werent exactly at the end of a
long life.

David

Plenty of other reasons to dam tescos even if it is nothing to do with
undersized fish. For a start they don't sell genuinely useful boxes of squid
for fishing with, as for the mackerel they actually do sell, it always looks
way too old to be any good for fishing, god knows why we eat it.

Ok they are a food shop, but were is the vision and imagination? 24 hour
bait shop would suite me fine when my local dealer has shut up shop for a
well earn't rest after the long hours.

They do in most European shops so why not Tescos?

George