Old January 1st, 2009, 09:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Default ff in Cuba

DaveS wrote:
On Dec 31 2008, 5:43 pm, Dave LaCourse
wrote:

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 17:19:33 -0800 (PST), DaveS
wrote:

What I don't get is that you rave on about your personal knowledge of
food stamp cheaters and their expensive cars but you say nothing about
turning them in.

For what? Owning expensive cars? No law against that. I have heard
some of them talking about where the best place is to "exchange" food
stamps. Again, is that against the law? A majority of the people are
just down on their luck at the present time, but there are some that
have been around for as long as I have worked there - 2 -3 years. If
you haven't done any volunteer work with the poor, David, you should
try it. It is an eye opener in both a positive and a negative way.

Go Israel

Dave, RWC
(Happy New Year - my last post of 2008. We're outahere.)

So you see corruption but you do nothing about it, except move into a
Perry Mason persona. Stealing from the government is a crime, trust
me. If you don't have the cojones to report it in person, you can do
it anonymously via one of the fraud hot lines.

And since you insist . . . . As per working with the poor, I'll match
my years, both volunteer and paid, fixing programs and rooting out
cheaters, (mostly among administrators and upper middle class people
by the way,) some of whom were also vague about their understanding
that government property was not their personal property. My current
Mother Teresa gig in this regard is raising fresh food for the
"Helpline/Fishline" food bank. In season we raise mostly green beans,
squash, peppers, eggplant, some greens, and corn enough for deliveries
about once a week July-September, and lots of apples from late August -
October. Its something, but pathetic compared to what society and
this country have given to me. Next year we will do more and maybe pop
for a pig or half a cow from my lessee. As I am sure you are aware
food banks are shortest on fresh foods. I should and can do more.

Dave
Another sanctimonious candidate for Sainthood

http://www.flyfisherman.com/florida/gacuba/index.html