Old January 27th, 2011, 04:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

Default TR: Green River

"Mark H. Bowen" wrote in message
Thanks for the link JT. I think I see why it is called Green River!

So did y'all wade from the banks, have your own drift boat/raft, or did ya
hire a guide? That's a good deal of water--just the 7 miles--are you able
to wade the entire stretch--shoreline access and all or is a water craft a
must?

Now about that summer shuttle proposition? How much fishin' time will be
available, for me, (you'll need to stay busy maintaining the vehicles and
drumming up business!) between shuttle runs? Would two shuttle operators
split the $30k. I gotta figure on surviving the other 6 months :~^ )

Op

Yes, the river does look very green in areas, with a green moss growing on
the bottom. I'm thinking that might also be why the fish are so dark. I'll
post a pic over on abfp of my cousin with a brown.

We float fished one day (cousin has a drift boat) and wade fished a couple
days. We found it easier to spot pods of rising fish while wade fishing and
worked the pods. The first section from the dam to Little hole has a trail
running the entire 8 miles, pretty easy hiking the entire way. We hiked
about 5 miles each day.

You will need a gal friend for the shuttle service business. Drumming up
business would be pretty easy, just sit on the side of the road before the
launch with a sign in the window. There will be plenty of fishing time each
day... I gave you the business plan, you're on your own finding the gal
friend and the other 6 months of the year...!

JT