Old September 27th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Chuck Coger

Default Just My Luck

I have my fisrt Tourney in 2 years tomorrow, so I went to Kissimmee to make
sure my pets were still in their spots. They moved, but only a short
distance, and they quit hitting on the Fin-S Fish and started hitting Fries.
Ok that was the easy part. I get to the lake, jump in Hydrilla thick enough
to walk on and break a trolling motor steering cable about 2 hours into my
trip. No big deal you say, well I should mention I have an Evinrude Trolling
Motor *cough* OMC *cough*, no one has the cable in stock. Now I have to wade
through this heavy hydrilla, somehow to get to my fish. Perhaps I will buy a
push pole today not real sure. The part wont be here for a week. To top it
off my steering cables got really heavy, so they have to be replaced. Gotta
love going on a trip and finding out you need over $400.00 worth of work
done with only a single day to get it done. I was basically pointing the
trolling motor by hand and clicking the button to move, which was painful
but it worked, I decided to quit after an 8 foot gator popped up about a 6
feet away. I had a dream a few nights ago that a big gator snatched me off
the boat while I was washing off my hands so I decided not to tempt any of
them

I am on the fish though. Some of them are "really" good fish, I caught 3 in
the 7-9 pound class, several in the 5-6 and the other 12 or so were 1-3
pounders. All the bigger fish were ganged up on the same point. Imagine my
suprise when I caught a 7 followed by another 7 and then a bigger fish that
was 9+. The 9 pounder even jumped and I didnt realize it was a good fish
till she broadsided near the boat. I decided to move because a lot of people
were out there pre-fishing and I dont want anyone else on them. I have never
found a hole with big fish in this weight class ganged up before, although I
have heard many rumors that it happens.

It's going to intresting fishing a tourney with no trolling motor
---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com