Old September 27th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Illinois Fisherman

Default luck down

"Lure builder" wrote in message

I've been a little down on my luck lately. Have'nt had a bite in a while.
The fish ran away with my dog. My girlfriend left me for another girl. My
canoe sprung a leak. Broke my 12th rod this week. I was forced into the
water by a rabid rabbit. My wife left me for the same woman as my
girlfriend. I keep having this re-occurring dream about fishing in front of
a crowd naked. Someone stole the wheels off my house. Wal-Mart closed the
fishing department because of revenue loss. I bought my last pack of
cigarettes and vowed to quit smoking when I was done with it, only to
discover I never started in the first place.

I consulted my fishing library which consists of two (1981) books on modern
fishing, (I tried to return them to Wal-Mart the other day, unsuccessfully I
might add.) I discovered that my diminished mental fishing abilities were at
fault. I perceive that everyone posting to this board has the same problems
as I do from time to time. Sage advice is what I am sharing with you.