Old February 5th, 2009, 04:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
George Cleveland

Default Early April in NE Tennessee... Trout? Sulphurs?

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 08:08:53 -0500, jeff
wrote:

George Cleveland wrote:
Making a quick trip to see the mother-in-law the week of April 5th.
Looking at teh Google I see the Clinch River is considered a good
wading stream (between dam releases) and, according to the website,
hosts Sulphur hatches starting in late March. True? Rumor? BS?

GeoC.

where will you be staying? ... DanL knows the tennessee streams as well
as most, and he's fished the clinch i believe. send him a note...he's
usually recaptured his sanity and returned to tenn around april, and
since he's now retired, i suspect he might even show you around. the
south holston and watauga are other streams with good hatches and large
trout, but you'll need to talk to one of the local flyshop guys about
wading access areas.

jeff

We'll be staying at the snowbird golf haven of Fairfield Glade, just
northeast of Crossville. It'll be a quick trip, four days at most,
midweek. Hoping to escape the familial lovefest for at least an
afternoon but maybe two if I'm lucky. Any info would be greatly
appreciated and company astream would also be welcomed.

GeoC