Old April 5th, 2004, 07:33 PM
George Cleveland

Default What's your favorite fly fishing book?

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 18:23:43 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

If you saw my post last week, looking for comments on beginner's fly fishing
outfits, you know I'm about to take a class. I offered my 14 yr old son the
opportunity to join me. He said he wants to learn, but not from a class.
"You taught me how to fish - how about you teach me to use a fly rod?"
Sometimes, arguing with a 14 yr old is like ****ing into the wind. He will,
however, take a book to the bathroom for his daily "one hour on the throne".
Anyone got a favorite book which explains tippets, knots, casting ideas,
etc?

A 14 year old reading a fly fishing book in the bathroom for an hour?

OooohKaay...Curtis Creek Manifesto. Although parts are dated its a fun
read and any spots that need to be updated with newer info can be
covered by you with your class room experience. Although I think he
should take a class instead of having you teach him. He'll be taking
less experiential baggage into a class taught by a stranger.

g.c.