Old July 1st, 2004, 02:49 AM
Russell D.

Default leader pile up

snakefiddler wrote:
o.k., so i can cast my line out in a nice straight line fairly consistently,
avoiding "pile up", but my leader is piling up. i just put new leader on
day before yesterday, and it is pretty curly. is it because of that, or is
it related to my casting- or maybe something else? any ideas?

If your leader is curly before you cast it, it will be curly after you
cast it. What you need to do is stretch it to get the curls out. There
are various ways of doing that, but I usually just squeeze it tightly
between my thumb and index finger and pull it through. This process can
warm things up a bit but your by a stream, just dowse your finger in the
stream to cool them off. :-)

Russell