Old July 1st, 2004, 03:03 AM
snakefiddler

Default leader pile up

"Russell D." wrote in message
snakefiddler wrote:
o.k., so i can cast my line out in a nice straight line fairly

consistently,
avoiding "pile up", but my leader is piling up. i just put new leader

on
day before yesterday, and it is pretty curly. is it because of that, or

is
it related to my casting- or maybe something else? any ideas?

If your leader is curly before you cast it, it will be curly after you
cast it.

that's what i figured....

What you need to do is stretch it to get the curls out.

which i tried, but clearly not to the extent needed :-)

There
are various ways of doing that, but I usually just squeeze it tightly
between my thumb and index finger and pull it through. This process can
warm things up a bit but your by a stream, just dowse your finger in the
stream to cool them off. :-)

thanks-
snake

Russell