Old November 30th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Wayne

Default ant patterns

Beetles are one of the greatest SNP patterns. They are great because they
are durable, they are unsinkable (foam beetle), they are easy to see with a
little over-wing or parachute, and they catch fish like crazy from early May
until late September. I would say they actually outfish Elk Hair Caddis. A
great thing about foam beetles is you can drop them right into the white
water to disguise the cast and the fish on the edge of the foam will snap
them up as they bob to the surface. White CDC makes a super wing over a
black body and orange works nicely if you need the extra visibility. I use
pre-cut foam bodies and would love to find some smaller (smaller than #12)
bodies or a cutter for cutting smaller bodies. I've trimmed down some of
the larger bodies to tie #14 and 16 beetles. The small bugs are absolute
killers in the SNP in June-July.
--
Wayne
To Fish is Human...To Release Divine!

"Willi" wrote in message

gary wrote:

How well do beetle pattern's work?

Beetles are my favorite terrestrial pattern. Ants are good but they're
difficult to see on the water because of their size.

Willi