Old August 8th, 2009, 06:01 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default Rich Z - Dropshotting

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
Jack wrote:
On Aug 7, 10:14 am, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
Your name has been used in vain over at the Bass Pro Shops forums.
Actually
somebody mentioned you as a possible resource for information.

http://forums.basspro.com/cgi-bin/ul...t_topic;f=2;t=...

Maybe you can hook them up with one of your old articles that can help.

Bob La Londewww.YumaBassMan.com

Does anyone use any knot other than the Palomar for drop-shotting?? I
have tried the standoff hooks but the shank is too short IMHO.

I agree, and have agreed with you on this since they made the very first
hook, they tell me this is going to change next year, as they are going to
offer a longer shank in all sizes,, but you need to let them know and bug
them to get it for sure.

Their reasoning for the short shank was that "all" drop shotters used
short shank hooks,, Duh,,,, the reason was they could only get a short
shank to stick out, the longer looks would not stay out there,, With the
StandOut it makes no difference, as they all will stand straight out

I tie a light wire 1/0 worm hook for drop shotting myself. I use the
Trilene knot as it binds tighter to the hook than the Palomar, and the tag
end naturally drops down instead of up. Because the Trilene Knot binds more
solidly on the hook I have no problem getting the hook to stick out.

P.S. About the only thing I still use a Trilene Knot for.