Old July 15th, 2006, 09:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

Default Selling my boat...

Just getting ready for my next one... in a couple of years. I still have my
eye on a nice little Triton. (Just don't tell my wife)

"WARREN WOLK" wrote in message
With that history plus the fact you sold your boat...

Insane.

Warren

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
. ..
My history, if you want to look back, never was too good on two wheels
anyway.

Second Grade: Racing down hill against a neighbor and wiped out in front
of
my house. End result? 60 stitches in the middle of my forehead. Countless
scars along my arms and legs, and my mom said it took about two hours for
the doctors to remove about 90% of the gravel.

Moving on along to about the 8th grade, skipping many wrecks that just
scraped me up, I'm riding along in a friends back yard when the front
tire
lands in an empty hole causeing the rear wheel... rider included to flip
over. Rear axle punctures ankle with a 1/2 inch hole about an inch deep.

During the following year, after receiving a new ten speed for Christmas,
I'm racing down the street against three other guys, winnig of course,
when I stupidly try to change gears while standing up pedaling under
power. Results: Deeply cut palms, dislocated knee, and I really should
have went to the hospital. Parents weren't home, brother was stoned, so I
tended to my wounds and repaired the bike later.

Oh... 1985. I'm at a friends house checking out his new (used)
motorcycle. I get on and run it down the street. Somehow... he omits
telling me that the rear breaks don't work right, so as I'm going around
a curve I find out the hard way. Luckily I had my choice this time as to
what I was going to crash into. A car, a chainlink fence, or mailbox. The
latter seemed like it would do the least damage to my skin so that's what
I took out. As I pulled myself up, making sure that there were no parts
of me bending the wrong direction...I start reassembling parts that came
off the bike. Lady that owned the house is out there raising hell about
her mailbox, and Bubba from down the street is saying something about
seeing me come around the curve "way too fast" and knew I was going to
wipe out. I told both of them to shut up as I climbed my aching body back
on the bike and told them I'd see them after I got out of the ER. I went
back to my friends house... then to the ER.

There's alot more... but it's getting boring. But before I got married I
had a sweet little GS550 that did me very well. It was probably the first
thing on two wheel that I didn't crash... unless you count the time I
dumped it in the back yard. I'm hoping that my years have given me a
little sense and I'm old enough to understand that speed isn't
everything.

Maybe....

Insane??? You decide.

"WARREN WOLK" wrote in message
You wipe out & almost kill yourself on a bicycle, then you go & sell
your
bassboat & get a motorcycle?

That makes sense I guess...

If you're completely insane!

Warren

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
. ..
Haven't put too much thought into it, but after last year... I doubt
it.

"RichZ" wrote in message
So are you going to become "the bikepro"?