Old October 1st, 2003, 06:41 PM
Skwala

Default pieces, pieces ...dumb question?

"Larry L" wrote in message
Every rod I own is two piece and I tend to think fly rods "should" come in
cool long tubes. Besides the ( for me non-existent .. I can't imagine
flying somewhere to fish ) possibility of plane rides is there any

"reason"
for a multi-piece rod ? ... functional reason

I bought a 3 piece Winston IM 6 8.5 6 WT back in the '90's because it was
the first Winston that had an action I liked, faster than the same model in
2 piece.

Other than that, some models will fit into a lap top bag, which means you
can pot hole on the way home from work, which is kinda cool.

Skwala